Wednesday, June 9, 2021

must dreams keep appearing

                                                                                   Author: Imogenisla
Image: He willed himself
to dream again tonight (here)

10 of 12 given words:
nightmare, worst stony darkness revelations 
indignant word cradle, beast hand

fragments of his memories or
just figments of his imagination
salacious episodes popping
not a nightmare but worst

stony silence in the darkness
revelations of past events 
light and dark images dancing
in the shadows gone berserk

nothing had changed in his routines
but must dreams keep appearing 
in the still of nights

indignant and very much disturbed
he watched the clock ticking when
startled from his slumber eyes blurry
not a word through the whole episode

he cradled his imagination 
with a slight moan 
theft of his sleeping hours would leave 
him woozy but he remained uptight
the beast in him wanting to emerge
on the one hand his anger was subdued

he kept asking but answers eluded him
not that young to be privileged with
erotic dreams he persisted to get answers
he would like to dream again tonight!

MMT's the Whirligig #322
Lillian's at d'Verse OLN - how's your remodelling

13 comments:

  1. Beautifully portrayed. There's so much captured in the dreams, yet we're so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very well written, great language and sound in this, really enjoyed this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful piece. Sounds like someone is living their past as a nightmare of a dream. That sounds terrifying, and I've had dreams like that; they put me in a place I don't want to be, and it's a slow descent to descry in that dream-like vision. When I awake, it's rather startling yet a relief not to be back where I don't need to be.

    That's what I thought with your piece, specifically this:

    "not a nightmare but worst

    stony silence in the darkness
    revelations of past events
    light and dark images dancing
    in the shadows gone berserk

    nothing had changed in his routines
    but must dreams keep appearing
    in the still of nights"

    I can also see the significance on how our dreams manifest our inherent, rooted monsters and demons. What we fear, what we think is dark or dirty, it stirs our subconscious into moments (in a dream) that perhaps we don't want to obsess on. That's just how I interpret this piece personally. It's beautifully penned, Hank, and you're a master at your craft.

    Brilliant work here and always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to my dream or as Alice Cooper says "Welcome to My Nightmare" - dreams are filled with many things fragments of our life intertwined with mystical night magic. Sometimes, I just want to sleep as the dreams leave me exhausted.

    I am always amazed at how well you use the chosen words. Wonderfully, crafted.

    Sweet dreams, Hank!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dreams can be terrifying or wonderful but I understand why this character wants to dream again: they are always full of interest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah....when we say "dreamland" it usually has a positive connotation...but as you've written, dreams can be harried, restful, lustful, chaotic, nightmares or sweetmares. I especially like these words you've writ
    "he cradled his imagination
    with a slight moan "
    So much within those seven words....and such an insightful description with the reader being able to picture it and hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incorporating all those words ~~~ you always do it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliantly penned, Hank. You capture the chaotic landscape of dreams to a T.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have sculpted a strong piece from the words given Hank. Being one who suffers nightly from insomnia, this piece resonates for me. Disturbingly well written!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I'm afraid to go to bed! Well done ~Jason

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderfully expressed Hank. enjoyed the read.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I agree with you, Hank. Bad dreams are better than no dreams at all. Hoping you focus on your question, concern, etc. as you are falling off to sleep. Maybe mother night will wing you a message or two.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I have more nightmares than anything else... maybe it's all those regrets of my life.

    ReplyDelete