Friday, September 24, 2021

happiness is a matter of style

                                                                              Author:Pedro Ribeiro Simões
Image: Happy being together  (here)

Poetry Form Zejel:  with a syllable
scheme of aaa bbba ccca at eight
syllables per line

no telling what I desire?
should be on what I aspire
I need more than I require?

no, I have enough to come by
there were occasions I would vie
for it is a matter of style
deciding what to acquire

not more than I would need to spend
living on limited stipend
would come a long way not so grand
not to unwisely perspire

would it be something luxurious
and should not be that hilarious
and certainly nothing spurious
good for all of its entire

Grace at d'Verse on Poetry Form : Zejel

7 comments:

  1. Knowing one's limits is wisdom. Where do dreams go when one knows their limits?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Live simply and love fabulously, I say. Good for all! Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do we actually know what we desire? Desires flit like butterflies.

    Hank, this made me think.
    Thank you for taking out time to read my posts. And my pleasure to visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hank,
    Describes so perfectly the conflicting emotions of consumerism in this fluent verse. Enjoyed it.
    pax,
    dora

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the title, Hank! I think happiness is making the best of what we have, not spending all our time wishing for more. So long as all of our basic needs are met, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's good to have clear limits... getting what you want is often not as good as you may think

    ReplyDelete