Thursday, September 2, 2021

felt good not affected the least

                                                                                Author: Raziakhatun12
Image: Beauty of Sign Alphabet  (here)

wound down to the last twist
conserved energy betraying his affliction
felt good not affected the least
by the intrusion of the sounds of silence

losing the ability to hear was devastating
the beauty of human voice was a miracle
undescribable to admire a real blessing
a debacle accepted as something natural 

Simon and Garfunkle gave the added touch
season's contribution that topped the charts
those afflicted rewarded with knowing much
lip-reading and sign language warmed the hearts

Grace at d'Verse OLN#299
Stephanie's at MLMM's Tale Weaver
- the sound of silence

11 comments:

  1. A blessing to hear the beauty of the human voice. Thanks for joining in Hank. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Hank! I loved Simon and Garfunkle and the Sound of Silence. Seems the prophet is still writing on the wall, just like back then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look at Sounds of Silence and I am a Rock as two wings of a beautiful bird with the voices of angels. The irony is that the songs are anything but silent or hard. Beautiful poem, Hank.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hank,

    My father went nearly death due to antibiotics in his mid-twenties... and his hearing continued to deteriorate throughout the remainder of his life... this poem really hit home for me.

    It's really great.

    Yours,
    David [ben Alexander]

    ReplyDelete
  5. A world without the sound of music would be devastating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really captures how devastating it must be to lose one's hearing. A moving and sensitive poem Hank.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Ingrid. A very sensitive and thoughtful poem, Hank <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Music entered my world from a very early age and to be without music the world would be an even more unsettled place.
    In the title of my favourite singer's song "Don't Let The Music Die".
    Thanks Hank for a wonderful verse.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My eyesight in one eye was giving trouble a few days ago. I panicked at the thought of losing it. Losing any one of the senses can have a devastating effect. Your compassionate verse touched my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love the sound of human voices... yet the sound of silence can be needed sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my all time favorite songs. Sorry so late to making rounds on this one. I enjoyed your poem.

    ReplyDelete