Saturday, September 11, 2021

given to fine grooming

                                                                                               Author: anon
Image: Fine grooming 
in the morning (here)

given to fine grooming
cutting off the shackles loose
first thing in the morning
made to scare off the blues
to present a sophistication
expected of a lady of fashion
finely braided still within reasons

given to fine living
matured in good surroundings
 
you young gentlemen
she's a lady
and you are lucky
if you must find it special
there are a few essentials

yes, you got it
it's plain to see
if you must know
yes.....a rich widow

Carrie's at Sunday Muse Wordle#177
weejar's at MLMM Saturday Mix - to write an Epigram
-  a bit of a cliche at the close hopefully an acceptable epigram


13 comments:

  1. AJ - I followed the breadcrumbs back to your birdhouse site. You should write about Malaysia and your life there. That would be so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the grooming to scare off the blues. These days my morning shower is almost a re-birth, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fine grooming can scare off the blues for sure. Have a great weekend Hank!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the rich widow ending, they are a rather large group.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Louis Prima sang, "I'm just a gigolo, and everywhere i go, people know the part I'm playing/ paid for every dance, selling each romance, oh what they're saying/ but there will come a day when youth will fly away/ what will they say about me? When the end comes I know I'll be just a gigiolo/ life goes on without me."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this Hank, and true to the braids motive, great twist at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luv where this prompt took you. Tge sophistication escaped me, ah, but you anchored it.

    Good Sunday

    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  8. I turn into another person after the 'morning grooming / makeup' ritual. [You understand.] I also didn't expect the end ... cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need something to shake off these blues. You added the twist in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the "Not Getting My Hair Done Blues" Hank, I have not gone into a shop for 18 months due to the pandemic. I look in the mirror and see "A Stranger".
    Enjoyed the read,
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the grooming scaring off the blues. Nice ending!

    ReplyDelete