Thursday, September 9, 2021

divine strength the propensity of whims

                                                                                              Author: AJ.iitm
Image: Poetry in Motion (here)

Note: A Novelinee - is a nine-line stanza poem of 
10 syllables for each line with a rhyme sequence 
of a,b,a,b,c,d,c,d,d  
.
you came by from nowhere just like magic    - a
twirled around so fast making me dizzy    -  b    
makings of superhuman angelic   -  a                   
movements of the world pretty as can be    -  b     
a chosen one and it was such a thrill     -   c          
divine strength the propensity of whims     -  d    
talents showcased with none of the perils    -   c                                   
to match a primadonna, what a scream     -   d                                           
but alas, it was only just a dream    -   d          

Laura's at d'Verse MTB - something novel-in-lines

12 comments:

  1. Too bad the magic was only a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O dear, just a dream. I empathize with the let down. Nice buildup though before the shift.
    Thanks for dropping by to read mine

    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...

    well - that's a bummer! I feel disappointed ;)

    -David

    ReplyDelete
  4. those dreams let us down! but I loved how you rhymed 'angelic' with
    "you came by from nowhere just like magic"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This character certainly sounds dreamlike, but we can always keep on dreaming... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we've all had dreams like that that we wish were real.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel disappointed too, Hank! Life can be a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hank! I never remember my dreams. I go to bed an wakw up, is all. How sad is that?

    Hope you're doing fine.

    Blue

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't seem to recall my dreams Hank, but loved this verse.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just a dream, Hank, but you got a lovely whirl of a poem out of it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe dreams can come true now when we are slowly opening up.

    ReplyDelete