Monday, May 31, 2021

shooting stars in the night sky

                                                                                                 Author:Astro_Alex
Image: A Shooting Star Aurora (here)
(a shooting star burning up in an aurora as 
seen from a  Russian manned spacecraft)

rather curious
shooting stars in the night sky
showers and tailings

sense of freedom 
must be fun but
must I wait in the open,
in the cool night air?

no, save the bother
have someone thumb hard on your
head, you will see stars
(44 words)

De Jackson at d'Verse - Quadrille#129
a curiosity of poems

8 comments:

  1. Ha. And also: yikes! Sounds painful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will do it every time! Why Wait!!?? I will leave that one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is kind of painful Hank. I prefer to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you went with stars too, Hank. Humans have been curious about them since it all began. I love the ‘showers and tailings’, and prefer to see the real thing to a knock on the head!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know shooting stars could create aurora when they burn up: that's fascinating! I struggle to stay up late enough to see them, but I think your solution may be a little drastic...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I read about or hear about UFOs my mind begins to spin. Are they real, are they shooting stars, my imagination working overtime? (so I go with shooting stars which we have many of out here on Oregon's high desert.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! A good solution for seeing stars!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch... I think that type of star-gazing is not healthy

    ReplyDelete