Saturday, May 22, 2021

must this happen, just wondering why!

                         Author: Catrin Welz-Stein

Image:  Privileged with a Twin (here)

flapping merrily full of promise
colourful as a rainbow in intensity
bid me a time, for I wish
to whet my appetite on all the variety

serve me the garnish that I may devour
for the myriads of possibilities.
the goodness of being together
in all sincerity with you as company

blessed with a twin never been a bore
you and your wonderful ways
we just hit it off more than just a sister
from where we left off on any day

ever so thoughtful of my feelings
and idiosyncrasies all bewildered
rash and brash but ever so loving.
young hearts we longingly offered

never impinging on the absurd
must this happen, just wondering why
leaving questions unanswered 
on the day you said goodbye!

Carrie's at Sunday Muse #161

9 comments:

  1. Oh Hank ... I did not expect the end of your poem. You captured the essence of twin sisters so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I didn't see that end coming! Such a tender, loving sister/friend...and the questions unanswered are haunting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A strong relationship that is fitting for the image. A wonderful and heartfelt write Hank with an ending that cuts like a knife. Unanswered questions are haunting indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, a very poignant ending. Well done, Hank.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theories. I have theories; but the mystery in the poem is enchanting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely view of siblings. There are always those surprises lkke your poem ending. Such is the challenge of life

    Thank you for dropping by my blog today

    Much💚love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh there is such sadness and wistfulness here. These two are twins, but best friends when one moves away also go through that anguish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful poem Hank, unexpected ending.
    It speaks volumns.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful capture of the spirit of twins and I too never expected your ending.

    ReplyDelete