Saturday, February 11, 2023

The world whirled slowly by

                                                                                     Author: Ivan Pili
Image:  I Dream of Reaching (here)

the10 of 12 Wordle words:
changed, love, names, happy, give
picture, lines, story, curtainalley 

The world whirled slowly by
Changed into medley of activities
Some dream of love and names to come by
And many others happy with mediocrity

Many planned to give and procure
Executed the picture with perfection
But some just failed to endure
Waited unashamedly in lines for alms

Narrated of stories to what transpired
Drew the curtain across with no bother
Not inclined to reveal of whims desired
Young couples aligned their own rudder

In a world of their own venture
Up steps in an alley pitching a wish
Time stood still pristine in nature
Have we elders not savoured such bliss?

Carrie's at Sunday Muse #246

8 comments:

  1. Hank, your clever write seems like your target may have been a bus depot. They can be nasty and nice, depends on where you are and where the others are. It's been a long time since I've waited for my bus connection.
    Now, "Some dream of love and names to come by and many others happy with . . . ", causes me today, do the name part while you can. Between aging and the COVID I have lost my memory of names almost altogether. Mrs. Jim some, but events more. It is the pits. We do have an appointment, took three months, for this month to see a Neurologist.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hank, I am struggling to make sense right now, but wanted you to know I visited my friend… 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely catch the tilt of the title in the observations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How true the images in your poem. History is formed from a whirling of events.

    Happy Sunday

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Medleys are my favorite ... love how you used the word, Hank.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "The world whirled slowly by"...yes I feel that I see that. Always so glad to see you at the Muse Hank!

    ReplyDelete