Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Best we meet so I decided.

                                                                                                    Author: Decha Aulia
Image: Together Again! (here)

“This year’s a different thing, – I’ll not think of you.” - Charlotte Mew, 
from her poem, “I so liked Spring”

“This year’s a different thing, – I’ll not think of you
That was what's coming, so I thought. But I just 
could not. There were harsh words before but it 
seemed these were normal. You had sounded 
so tense and I rushed  over when I got your tweet. 

I'm really so glad nothing's the matter. Been meaning 
to call but I thought we agreed to meet in a few day's 
time. That was the reason why I did not call. I did not 
want to bother you. I would call just to confirm but 
thoughts of you swirled wildly in my head.

Best we meet so I decided. I could not allow you to bear 
it all alone. I just could not wait to call you this time. I know
it may be a few more days but I'll kiss anyway for Happy 
Valentine!
(144 words)
Note: written a few days ago

Merril at d'Verse  -  Prosery- last-year-lost-love

4 comments:

  1. Yes, Hank, Happy Valentine!! And your couple will press on, time does wonders, up or down, not to be in a big rush.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sounds like they worked out their misunderstanding. I hope so! Thank you for joining in and writing to the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always best to just meet in person! Less can get lost in translation that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been there done that, Hank. I'm so glad he decided not to wait. Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day with your beloved.

    ReplyDelete