Saturday, February 4, 2023

I Bumped into The Night's Darkness

                                         
                                                                                                         Author: Pinterest by: @iloveblack3
Image: Shattered dreams  (here)

I bumped into the thickness
of the night's darkness
and broke into pieces
what stupidity and recklessness.

gazing too long at the blank
of nights searching for your smile
and realising it wouldn't be there
for quite a long while

though seldom do we meet
each is a memory to keep
remaining fresh like a plucked rose
kept in water in sweet repose

bon voyage to the fright
that will take her to distant shores
in her absence I'll hug the light
hoping not to break up any more.

Carrie's at The Sunday Muse#245

12 comments:

  1. Really like your closing stanza of this piece Hank. Fine writing indeed my friend. 🙂✌🏼❣️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second Rob here, Hank! On both your closing stanza and the fine writing throughout!

      Sincerely,
      David
      SkepticsKaddish.com

      Delete
  2. Very nice, Hank. This February 24 will be Mrs. Jim's and my 50th wedding anniversary. My ex I saw last week and about nine years ago before that. Kids and grandchildren tend to draw, but still we seldom meet. My other steady for over 60 years ago we split, I haven't seen her since but did see one of her children about 25 years ago at a border rest stop in Arkansas. Another I've tried to find, women change their names at marriage, but Facebook helps sometimes overcome that. She would be a chapter in my memoirs book it id ever finish it. All others only a page or two or less.
    How about you?
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. "in her absence I'll hug the light"
    Bravo for that choice of action.

    Happy Sunday Hank

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  4. An eerie image--I think I've been watching too many B movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful write ~~ Hank!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great especially the last verse :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Hank and I could really feel the emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, Hank. Hope you're doing fine.

    Blue

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great title Hank! One never knows what those bumps will bring. I guess one needs to hug the light~ True

    I hope this finds you in good spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is excellent Hank! Pulled right in by that powerful first stanza.

    ReplyDelete