Tuesday, February 7, 2023

I had great admiration for your wife's taste

                                                                                               Author:Etnografiska museet, 
Image:  A Colourful Sweater   (here)
(note - image is for presentation purposes only
not to suggest it is ugly)

that is the ugliest sweater that I have ever seen!
and you have to choose that for yourself!
I did not!
there was a whole range on display
I saw it yesterday while at the Mall
yes, she said so herself
you mean a present from your wife?
surely there's something more forgiving
the colour stands out! 
yes but. it is too bright, is it not too loud?
I don't know!
I had great admiration for your wife's taste
but that was before, not any more!
you noticed that?
I envy your dressing before, immaculate good
pattern designs, but not after you had eyes for your new secretary
yes, I think so too!
your loving wife sure knows how best to get back at you
I told you, deny..deny...!
but I have always been honest to her
keeping a good relationship is better than being honest
you don't have to be honest on certain things
so what do I do now?
perhaps we can put it to test
if you must say so, let's ask Anne my daughter 
what do you hope to get from her?
Anne will always give a fair comment
to her father!

Ingrid at d'Verse  Poetics-hidden-gifts/

6 comments:

  1. And thereby hangs a tale! Well told, Hank!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone has received an ugly sweater as a gift at some time in their life – some people seem to get one every Christmas! You’ve expressed this perfectly in your poem Hank. I like the idea that ‘your loving wife sure knows how best to get back at you’.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sweater tells an interesting story of far more than its appearance. Clever conversation, Hank.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a lively conversation! And yes, one ugly sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Hank, I think it would look good on the ski slope. No one would run over you for sure. (I surmised from the poem; the picture affirmed.)
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL nice one. The sweater though is ugly☺ Thanks for dropping by my blog

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete