Wednesday, February 22, 2023

So much to catch up on

                                                                                 Author:  Vyacheslav Argenberg
Image:  Catching up on Lost Times (here)

I was in a hurry. I would be late for the appointment. Briskly 
walking along the block not hurrying, not wanting to be sweaty 
upon arrival, I should be there in 15 minutes so I reasoned

I took a turn around the block and, lo and behold, there she was
facing me. We were pleasantly surprised, taken aback in fact.

Then simultaneously we both lurched forward involuntarily and
hugged each other tightly and kissed just as it had been decades ago. 
She was just as sweet and beautiful as before.

So much to catch up on -  how thankful I felt
The appointment could wait!

Kim's at d'Verse   Poetics-prelude-to-a-kiss/

4 comments:

  1. This is a fun read, Hank. I didn't know what to expect until the 'kiss'. The nearest I have ever been to your situation was meeting the 'little brother' years later at an information stop in Oklahoma.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you set the scene in the opening line, and the reader is walking along the block with you – no hurry. And then suddenly ‘there she was’ and there’s that sweet welcome kiss, the ‘hello I haven’t seen for ages kiss’ – we haven’t had one of those yet! Nicely done Hank.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet moment. The appointment and everything else can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is incredibly sweet and poignant 💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete