Sunday, July 8, 2018

I am here still contemplating the morning

                                                                Author : Clarence White (1906) Fair Use
Image  Contemplation in the Morning (here)

the 11 of 12 given words:
boat cabinet lawn pillow hand 
clock minute shed turbulent store lust

Not rocking on a boat
Nor drifting in calmness
Not locked hidden in a cabinet
where I might be in the dark
Not on the lawn
where I should be free
and not in bed lazing with my pillow

I'm mystified but the hands of the clock
keep moving by the minute

I am here still contemplating the morning
still in my night gown by the tub
unable to shed off turbulent  times
impacting on my mind

Is  it normal for a physically active teenager
to be lamenting when there's a whole world out there?
Just what is in store for the immediate

My lust for life in the fast lane is missing
I'm condemned to the dumps
The gossip line in abundance of juicy episodes
They are all having a ball
I'm not bad looking
but why?

Kerry's at Real Toad's Camera Flash
Brenda's Sunday Whirl #359

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful words Hank. I am not a teenager but I too contemplate the motning.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lament is a good thing because something inside you is saying I must put things right. We need people to see when the world is going wrong and needs to be fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I smiled, Hank. I think because it was when you mentioned 'life in the fast lane,' it reminded me of the song by that name. They crashed.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm almost sure that eternal gloom and lamentation is a natural stage of teenagehood. Honest. There is also lots and lots of sighing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teenagers sure make a lot about the doom and gloom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uggghhh...that is the worst feeling of all. And at that age all consuming. I really identify with this one, it is hard to get out of your own way sometimes when you just can't see the big picture. Very original take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Howdy, Hank! The hands of the clock are relentless. What we need is a magic pill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. From a teen's point of view, you get that mystifying loneliness that is so part of those years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate when that happens...try again tomorrow. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Teenage years are a cruel time, full of existential angst where self-doubt reigns supreme.
    I can remember those days...
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am here still contemplating the morning
    still in my night gown by the tub
    unable to shed off turbulent times
    impacting on my mind

    These lines are especially powerful. I relate to the idea you have conveyed.

    ReplyDelete