Monday, April 11, 2022

I just wonder!

                         
                                                                                      Author: Ethan Cheatwood
Image:  Guilty as Charged (here)

I for Integrity

Looks like he's not coming at all!
No, couldn’t be. He was all too happy
in the afternoon. He even reminded me
Yes, he had graciously invited me
‘A dinner if you may?’ a week a ago
and I had relented
Not that I lack dinner invitations
My admirers are aplenty
I’m fairly good looking. 
Better than most But why?
Why must he do this to me?

He had been most polite. He chose his words
well. He wasn’t pushy, nor was I obnoxious
We talked informally, I mean how much you
need to when inviting someone out
Sure, I could  play hard to get
We’re mature enough to act as adults
I thought the evening was made

I told him not to pick me up
As he had to come all the way
and back again. It was more convenient
for my sister to drop me here

I know better now!

There must be some reasons
It is not like him
Does he lack frankness, 
a conscience a guilt feel

Big or small honesty 
will touch the sensitivities
Integrity is supreme
I just wonder!

            
A to Z April Challenge - I

3 comments:

  1. Ouch, not a nice guy, that one. I wonder too!

    I for Identity

    ReplyDelete
  2. one has to wonder....Hank, I saw your comment on Alex's blog. Wishing you better days and health my friend. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete