Monday, August 23, 2021

hearty meal upon leaving 'Frisco

                                                                            Author: mwanasimba from La Réunion
Image: A Good Meal in Istanbul (here)

I LEFT MY HEART IN SAN FRANCISCO  - Tony Bennet

hearty meal upon leaving 'Frisco
no heart to gorge much at one sitting
digestion smooth even flow
not heartless but heart-warming 

let the good times roll
top of the world enjoying the grub
no heartburn in firm control 
to end with a good rub

(44 words)

De Jackson at d'Verse: Quadrille#134

16 comments:

  1. Ahh, I wish I could feel like this. Nothing but heartburn these past few years for me; I long for the day of smooth digestion! Maybe one day. A very beautiful and awesome poem, Hank, I love how you utilized the dVerse prompt here. How clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Nice. Fully sated.

    Thanks for dropping by to read mine Hank

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased Hank you enjoyed your meal,
    And no heartburn you did feel.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With that healthy selection, you're good!
    It's early. Instead of 'hearty meal' I first saw 'heavy metal.'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hank - this is definitely a winner among all the heartfelt poems out there - you've cured my heartburn for sure :)

    Well done!

    Yours,
    David [ben Alexander]

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds delightful - a banquet to savour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A SFO gastronomic splurge ... love this, Hank. Mr. Tony too ......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah. You're the first to consider heartburn, yet something so frequently experienced! Great interpretation of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your many uses of the prompt word Hank! Well done ❤️ No bleeding hearts here - just heartburn 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing like a good meal and no heartburn thereafter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. Well that says it. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spicy food always give me heartburn but, I still eat it on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pathway to the heart, always lined with good meals. Enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha... if you are a little bit careful you can still enjoy the meal

    ReplyDelete