Saturday, February 23, 2019

believing to have a smooth ride

                                                                                        Photo Credit: Susan Spaulding
Image: A Slip-on  (here)

Note: A slip-on is typically a low
lace-less shoe known as a loafer

the 11 of 12 given words:                
smooth ride bright chide tide maybe 
just vial wormhole trial decide 

believing to have a smooth ride
a lace-less slip-on is convenient
keep looking on the bright side
with a so-called loafer to loaf around

preference for shoe none to chide
now acceptable even as a formal wear
not have to say it's against the tide
maybe just a vial to make them aware

the wormhole is not a good prospect
trial and error when wanting to decide
once chosen there's none to object
but with relative ease care to abide

Brenda's The Sunday Whirl #392
Sherry's at PU's Poetry Pantry #441
Susan at Sunday Photo Fiction

11 comments:

  1. I have reached the age where comfort is all that matters when it comes to footwear....but then I have never been a fashionista, I lived my life in running shoes, lol. Good one, Hank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am at that age where I don't really care. LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, this is really good!! I wouldn't wear those shoes you shared for anything. At this point in my life I am a Converse person!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. comfort and ease of getting off and on - top priority! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luckily my wife was not concerned about her shoe size she was far more interested in comfort. This was not the case for a grandmother of mine who for some reason thought it best to wear a shoe size smaller than necessary (so her feet didn't look so big) thus her aching and squeezed toes feet became the bane of her old age!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Comfort should take form or body aches will be the norm

    ReplyDelete
  7. One can't beat comfort. Great poem Hank.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "wormhole" is such a fantastic word to use when talking about shoe buying and wearing these days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shoes - If I could live on a beach maybe I'd never wear them again.
    However... I have a variety for the needs. Like boots for shoveling snow! I remember penny loafers... then folks started putting in dimes. I think now in modern loafers there is no little space for money - at least for decoration. I thought I saw a sneaker the other day that had a secret spot for change... But then who knows what heals can hide. I remember enjoying GET SMART and his shoe phone :)

    ReplyDelete