Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Nostalgic playground

                                                                                                           Author:Nick Smith
Image: Neighbourhood  
Backyard Where Boys Roam
(Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons under the Creative 
Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic license)

Nostalgic playground
Boyhood arena for
countless excitements

Catapult in the back pocket. 
Without a care of danger
They roam the large
expanse of wasteland

Light undergrowth rich
with little creatures hiding
to be discovered

Hedges and bushes 
a treasure trove lined 
with childhood abundance

Sanaarizvi at d'Verse in Quadrille Q. 252
Quadrilling without a care in the world

8 comments:

  1. Ha--- so much fun you could have (but I never had a catapult)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that boy’s arena - no catapult for me, Hank! But I did roam wasteland with the boys, mostly climbing trees, making dens and picking wildflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this. Bringing back memories of the large field behind our house....undeveloped....where my friend Mary Alyce and I played for hours on end. Pretending to be cowboys galloping up our very own Boot Hill. Those were the days when kids played outside till supper time...and always needed a bath in the clawfoot tub at the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautifully written, Hank. Yes, childhood is a treasure trove of memories ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyable and filled with nolstagia, awesome poem that took me back down those same streets in my own childhood, well done Hank! 🩵

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that they were able to play carefree. That is important for personal growth and the imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You captured that carefree and joyous sense that accompanies childhood soooo well! It brought me back in time.

    ReplyDelete