Monday, January 16, 2023

I never had it that good.

                            Author: FelipeIbazeta
Image:  Utterly confusing!  (here)

Everything I do is stitched with its colour"  -  William Stanley Merwin

I never had it that good. I am more in a twisting maze meandering 
without directions. The day is not rightly blasphemous but sauntering 
led unashamedly by the nose. Not quite blinded by the glaring lights 
but rather just ill-prepared for the sights

Everything I do is stitched with its colour.
What is life if not given a 
chance perhaps a day to recover its balance. It smells of the peculiar
brand of activity, of a boy's night out with the guys boisterously 
inclined and alive, very much like an extended family relationship.
I never had it so good

A quieter and sane nightly choice is bandied about. Rather amusing 
in the way it is accomplished. It may even be an alternative to rejoice
cuddled in the arms of a loved one, certainly a life worth living to 
counter the madness of the mornings.
(144 words)

Jade Li at d'Verse -  Prosery - everything-is-stitched

3 comments:

  1. Hank, it reads like a bachelor who may be getting a bit tired of the single life? There is something to be said for settling down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hank, after 13 years of marriage I enjoyed, really enjoyed, three years of "freedom". But like Janis Joplin sang, "Freedom is just another word with nothing left to loose . . . if it ain't free . . ." I did most of what I wanted to do, bought a motorcycle and road with the High Rollers, went to bar with my Wednesday bowling after bowling, cruised at night, dated some as the girls liked me and so on. I wasn't looking for a wife but it just happened, a new-Mrs. Jim-to-be found me when I wasn't expecting. We've been married now for a long, long time. Married life is great in a different, maybe confining, way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is often a bit challenging... I hope that one day he finds something better.

    ReplyDelete