Friday, January 13, 2023

Bumper to bumper

                                                                                          Author: Musyajackson
Image:  Caught in a Jam (here)
(pun unintended)

City life so they did say
Not to feel intimidated nor threatened
Part of a daily routine
Not rattled just an inconvenience

So why all the unruly behavior
Never wanting to show anger but a smile
When shown the middle finger
Avoid a tiff but tolerance for a while

Bumper to bumper
Anger stifled wheels unmoving
Just a nick at the fender
Never could take it like a gentleman
Rush hour madness

Rommy's at Poets and Storytellers United
 - friday-writings-59-wheels

8 comments:

  1. Madness indeed! I'm so glad I no longer live in a city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look like madness! People get so angry going home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that working remotely means I don't have to deal with this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Driving through traffic used to be a challenge to me.
    Now, elderly, I don't like to drive in the crowded freeways.
    I like the picture, Hank, I never liked following busses
    and trucks as it was too hard to see what was up ahead.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hank, I don't miss the daily commute as I have been working at home since the pandemic hit. Some days it would be horrible, especially during snowstorms, taking hours to get home safely on dangerous roads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The anger and frustration is never well hidden on the driver's face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They hate pedestrians too, possibly because sometimes we move faster than they do.

    ReplyDelete