Monday, September 7, 2020

eavesdropping outside the window

                                                                                                     Author: Keithbob
Image: What Can I Get (here)

crying shame
been raining all morning
rainwater gushing from the eaves
little squirrels 
emerging out from their lair
eavesdropping outside the window
spying for crumbs while 
waiting for the rain to stop
no negative intrusions
as humans do
putting their ears to the door
(44 words)

Kim at d'Verse with Quadrille 
Monday #111 with -  ‘eavesdropping’,

9 comments:

  1. I love to see the squirrels, loved the read (and the picture) Hank. Have a good day.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the juxtapositioning of the natural eavesdropping of squirrels vs the eavesdropping of humans. One seems gentle and kind and real; the other seems more sinister, waiting to hear gossip or some tidbit to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love squirrels - we had one raid our kitchen once but he was looking for nuts rather than gossip :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to eavesdrop on squirrel gossip. They seem to have a lot to chatter about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love the juxtaposition of natural squirrel eavesdropping with human eavesdropping, Hank. I love the way you set the scene with the weather to convey the innocence of the squirrels as opposed to the ‘negative intrusions’ of humans. I haven't seen any squirrels in our garden yet, but I expect they'll be around soon - I look forward to their antics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The squirrels seems so innocent in their eavesdropping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They could put their ears to the window but they wouldn't understand us anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can picture the rain and the squirrels. It does seem like we cry with rain at times.

    crying shame
    been raining all morning

    ReplyDelete
  9. Squirrels are allowed to eavesdrop. I read it somewhere. Ha, good one, Hank.

    ReplyDelete