Tuesday, July 28, 2020

bouncing merrily soaring high

                                            Attribution:  AndyD (CC-SELF; CC-BY-SA-2.5).
Image: Getting dizzy
with bouncing fun (here)

bouncing merrily soaring high
lost in the clouds looking down
what fun to experience  a nocturnal
flight of fancy like a superman of old

one needs a big belly to have the
springing effect to laugh at those
thin 'with hungry looks' to easily
knock them off tangent leaving
them groveling in the dust

it certainly deserves another round
perhaps the following night since
it gives a sense of superiority

can it be repeated upon request
on a cool night a wonderful dream?

Laura's at d'Verse's Poetics - flight of fancy

12 comments:

  1. It's a good feeling to be soaring high. This reminded me what it can be like. Excellent verse Hank.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful lines and imagery. There is indeed a superiority complex with flying--something how a world so large can feel very minuscule within the air. Of course until reality starts crashing down. ;)

    "can it be repeated upon request
    on a cool night a wonderful dream?"

    I can't get over what these lines evoke for me in imagery. This is amazing and I love how poetical it is. Just breathtaking and beautiful. This is quite the piece; it is very dream-like with wonder and in essence, a beautiful poem with rich verse. Thank you for sharing your work. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucy, Ma'am. Perhaps a different approach can make a difference.

      Hank

      Delete
  3. Thin with hungry looks - like that line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This nocturnal being--quite the dream creature bouncing merrily. . .
    "thin 'with hungry looks'" made me think of Caesar referring to Cassius in Shakespeare's Julius Caesar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bouncing high would be a delightful dream...on a big belly which made me smile, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your big belly needed for laughing made me think of Santa Clause! Ho Ho Ho!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never dreamed of flying but I'm sure I would enjoy it. (K)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a dream where I take flight. Hmm, try and see if it can be repeated ;)

    can it be repeated upon request
    on a cool night a wonderful dream?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the big "buddha" belly. All else follows.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just picture this little waif of person bouncing off a big man's belly like a trampoline!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sure, why not. I like the idea Hank!

    ReplyDelete