Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Would you still remember?

                                                                                                  Author: Fir0002
Image: The Squishy Mush of Sweetness (here)

 I just wonder
Would you still remember?
That uncanny tag line
Years before
‘Melts in your mouth, not in your hands’
Promoting a popular brand name
we can feel the squishy mush of sweetness
For a split second we turn juvenile

One of the handful among them then
‘Rountrees, Smarties, Cadbury’s’
Those were the days
That I remember always
Of milk chocolate bars
Multi-colored Smarties 
or blue clad Cadbury’s
None of the brownies 
or chocolate cakes
That we now so often see displayed
At the local cake shops and across the counter
Tell me, was it similar the world over

Could you relate to what I remember?
I just wonder!

sarahsouthwest at d'Verse - tuesday poetics -food

10 comments:

  1. Minstrels!

    I remember all of that. Thank you for a little trip back to childhood. The crinkle of the purple foil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember...yes..but would not like to repeat! V nice poem bringing memories to the fore...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember! Yummy memories, Hank!

    Much love,
    David [ben Alexander]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes Hanks words to remember, which of course I do.
    Wonderful verse.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do remember... but I think they are still there. I read somewhere that M&M were created for soldiers at war...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, I remember them all, Hank. I recently did a post on candy so they are fresh in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember the candies of youth. Sadly, some don't exist anymore. I guess they melted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can totally relate! And thank heavens Sarah knew it was minstrels, or that would have driven me crazy all day...
    You had these chocolates in the US? Or did you live in the UK back then?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still eat M&M's on occasion. The commercials are cute.

    ReplyDelete