Friday, November 12, 2021

Don't give me sight without vision

                                                                                             Author: Wolfgang Wander
Image:  A Nice to Look at Sparrow (here)

How I dream of love at first sight
Don't give me sight without vision

How I dream of a fair hearing
Not rumour-mongering that cause dissensions

How I dream of peace not sufferings and destruction
If only the perpetrators taste their own medicine

How I dream of the sweet smell of success
Not ostensibly friends that stab you in the back

How I dream of the touch of class
Where all are winners in contention

Mindful though as a given
How I dread of being a modern day dinosaur
With big body mass but 'littlest' brains
But most of all not to dream like a bird
Lest being referred to as bird-brained

Sanaa at d'Verse OLN Live - november edition

5 comments:

  1. This is incredibly strong writing, Hank! I especially resonate with; "How I dream of peace not sufferings and destruction/If only the perpetrators taste their own medicine." Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without those dreams, nothing would be possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should definitely keep on dreaming, Hank!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all have those dreams...

    especially
    a fair hearing
    Not rumour-mongering that cause dissensions

    ReplyDelete