Monday, March 30, 2020

Jambu aka Water Apples

                                                                                                        Hank's
Image: These were snapped this morning

Hank managed to grow some fruit trees in the backyard.
Not overly blessed with green fingers they turned out ok
considering the climate is conducive to growth in this
part of the world.

Hank took a peek this morning and snapped the picture
above. These are not fully matured yet. The water apple
 (jambu) not being seasonal continually provide succulent
fruits. It was abundant for the initial few years but it has
tapered down lately but still able to make the mouth waters

It can be taken raw like an apple, tastes like one too but
sweeter. Some prefer to take it as a salad dipped in soya
sauce with some  cut chillies for lunch, more appetizing
on a hot day.(more info in the original posting here)

fruiting all year round
eaten raw like an apple
and just as crunchy

Kim's at d'Verse's Haibun Monday

6 comments:

  1. Another poem, and a fruit, that I haven’t seen before. Thank you, Hank, for taking me back to 2011 and for introducing me to water apples. I love the way they change colour, definitely worth the wait. I enjoyed the background haibun and that you wrote it in the third person. I’d love to try some jambu salad dipped in soya sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good one to bite into

    ReplyDelete
  3. Water apples! That's new to me, and I'll have to read all about them. Thank you for sharing your stoey. I enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hank, I've never heard of these before, they sound enticing. I currently have Macintosh in my fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of those either! How unusual looking. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete