Image: Learning Well
(courtesy of Sunday Photo Fiction – June 17, 2018)
What a treat!
To be sitting atop the table all alone
Seeing the world go leisurely by
It may take your breath away
Seeing an unusual stance
But it is not in harm's way
to any one
In fact, even the duck is able to tell
That I'm a safe bet to be with
How I sit is my bother
You may call it a passing fancy
but it is none of anyone's concern!
It may be late in the day
but as a parting shot let us say
that I need not tower over others
to earn my keeps
nor do I need to fiddle over their affairs
To be sitting atop the table all alone
Seeing the world go leisurely by
It may take your breath away
Seeing an unusual stance
But it is not in harm's way
to any one
In fact, even the duck is able to tell
That I'm a safe bet to be with
How I sit is my bother
You may call it a passing fancy
but it is none of anyone's concern!
It may be late in the day
but as a parting shot let us say
that I need not tower over others
to earn my keeps
nor do I need to fiddle over their affairs
I don't owe anyone a living!
Punam's at d'Verse Poet's Pub Poetics Tuesday: To ma’am/sir…
A good word of wisdom for all of us! Well done!
ReplyDeleteBravo, nice one
ReplyDeleteMuch love
Absolutely - we must not judge or meddle in others affairs! Jae
ReplyDeleteThese lines are so true, Hank:
ReplyDelete‘How I sit is my bother
You may call it a passing fancy
but it is none of anyone's concern!’
Hank, I love this! You taught us an important lesson to not be judgemental..
ReplyDeleteHank, your voice comes through loud and clear here.
ReplyDeleteA reminder to mind our own business and not judge others.
ReplyDeleteSome folks just love to be up in other people's business!
ReplyDelete