Monday, September 7, 2026

I'm Bored..!

 

                                                                                                         Author: Martin Falbisoner

Image: '... ho-hum!..'
(courtesy of Wikimedia Commons given under the 
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license)

Such a relief!
All of nine months
Like a xenolith undisturbed
Now I am free
No more in the tummy

No, not again!
"Such a lovely baby!"

Smooching all over me
My granny!

Just cannot stomach the torture
Why can't they leave me alone!

Melissa's at d'Verse Poets Pub - Quadrille #255: X marks the spot

11 comments:

  1. Ah! Longing to be a xenolith undisturbed.🙃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done Hank 👏 Great idea for the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sweet quadrille, Hank, and I understand that feeling of wanting to be left alone. I especially love these lines:
    ‘All of nine months
    Like a xenolith undisturbed
    Now I am free’.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to wonder if that isn't what a baby is thinking sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha...cute...maybe that's what they think. Nice poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hank, what a wise and wonderful way of using the word.

    ReplyDelete