Friday, August 18, 2023

Japanese food was much fun


                       
                                           The tapenyaki which I thought was less filling 

                                         The Tempura that followed. This was after the opening sushi that I had earlier
My elder son Hafidz 
and his charming wife Qhaty 
invited us for lunch again

‘We’re going Japanese 
It’ll be at the same venue 
that we had before’ they said. 
This is an ‘eat as much 
as you can joint’.

I remember what happened 
the last time. 
I was naughty  

I ate as much as I could then
and was breathless with a 
full tummy when we left
I told myself  I would 
be less naughty today 
and would exercise 
utmost care not to overeat.

Japanese buffet, yes!
How nice?
Eat as much as you can eat
It’s a tall order

Would I be naughty again?
Tendency is to do so
Must control myself
No sushi with rice
Other offerings would do
They are less filling

How did it go?
I was still naughty
Japanese food was much fun
I could not help it

Rosemary at Poets and Storytellers United - 
friday-wrings-90-food-andor-eating.html

9 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I totally sympathise. (Yrs truly, A Fat Lady)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck, yeah! All you can eat Japanese food? Let me at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha - Hank those all you can eat can be dangerous. Self control can be difficult...the tempura looks good ~ True....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always leave our Japanese hibachi restaurant uncomfortably full but sooo happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! Wonderful, Hank! And now I'm peckish for sushi... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Japanese food sure looks fun particularly when celebrated poetically.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a plateful of colourful treats. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Hank, I would join you any/every day of the week for THIS buffet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being naughty is so much more satisfying than being nice!

    ReplyDelete