Monday, July 10, 2023

Mouth-watering goodness.

                                                                                                     Author: Elliot
Image: Half dozen chargrilled oysters. (here) 

Lovely oysters 
Mouth-watering goodness.
Not unlike 'uncooked' sushi 
Great on the taste-buds 
but daring to take a risk. Why?

Not being naughty 
but it tastes good! 
So what will it be?

Not easily available. 
Might as well

Cheaper by the dozen. 
Twelve pieces, please!
(44 words)

Note: To write a Quadrille in 44 words
and to include the word 'twelve'

Lisa at d'Verse Quadrille : happy-dverse-twelfth-anniversary/

15 comments:

  1. I've never eaten oysters before, but if I were ever to, I'd like them to be just like they are in the picture. I don't think I've met a chargrilled food I didn't like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you cook these? If so, it looks like you did a great job.🦪

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Ma'am! Picture taken from Wikimedia Commons

      Delete
  3. I never acquired a taste for oysters. I do, however, enjoy steamed clams. I'd partake in a dozen of those. ~ True

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m not a fan of oysters, Hank, but I did enjoy the way you described them in your quadrille.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure, why not. It is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your poem is tastier than any oyster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A unique take for the prompt word! We went to an oysters and wine night at a local winery a few years ago. It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One dozen is great but twelve dozens would be gross

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even though I am not a fan I appreciate that you are celebrating what you love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hank, this poem makes my mouth water!

    Yum!

    Much love,
    David
    SkepticsKaddish.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have only had oysters uncooked and though not unpleasant, I think I would only have them cooked like yours in future...

    ReplyDelete