Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Suffice to survive on a limited stipend

                                                                                     Author: Unknown
Image:  Cover of sheet music for 
"Good luck to our boys of the allies", by Morris Manley (here)

I thought of the future, and spoke of the past - Truman Capote, 
Breakfast at Tiffany’s and Three Stories

I thought of the future, and spoke of the past.
Balanced aspiration in all fairness of class
To be happy but never to really succeed
Has life treated me badly that luck was a rare breed?

No, I have enough to come by
Though there were occasions I would cry
My wants might be limited
Confined to those that I had needed

More I would need to spend
Suffice to survive on a limited stipend
It would come a long way if able
I would desire to be more comfortable

Besides it would be something luxurious
Having more resources but not hilarious
But just able to give back to society
Not to the point of pockets being empty

Linda's at d'Verse's Poetics: 
- breakfast-at-tiffanys/

7 comments:

  1. A brave attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being happy can be a success (but not to point of pockets being empty).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so well-crafted, I would say meticulously, with clever rhyme schemes, and a searching within the words. One of your finest Hank.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can be hard for a family to survive when their income is very low. You told it well, Hank, and I like the rhyme.
    ..
    Jim, (still ruined by google)
    jimmiehov6.blogspot.com
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful, Hank! I enjoyed the rhyming and the message.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so clever, Hank. Like the rhyming as well.

    ReplyDelete