Friday, August 14, 2020

wriggling in unison

                                                                                        Photo:  Pierre79.

I’m bought and worn, but I ain’t no dupe
I'm still me, my own senses not deserting through 
my fingers, my mind's smiling
 
It is tempting to counter shifts suddenly in thoughts 
but again not blue enough to leave an impact on 
my toes still wriggling in unison with bubbles 
on my feet
 
Must be summer magic playing tricks with my 
ears in line with emerging thoughts deep in my 
belly to mirror a satisfaction
If both my hands are in braids close to my
nose then I know it is time to stop whining
 
Dylan's at MLMM's First Line Friday
Grace at d'Verse's MTB streams of conscious
MMT's The Whirligig #279

11 comments:

  1. Your summer magic is well, magical! Nice streaming of consciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, so long as your toes are wriggling in unison, your summer is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stream of consciousness here. I enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. “both my hands are in braids close to my nose”

    I love that description.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at "I’m bought and worn, but I ain’t no dupe". You took me effortlessly to stop whining. Superbly done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my fingers Hanks has got arthitis but my toes are fine.
    Wonderful poem Hank thanks for sharing.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always like a smiling mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, whining will not help in this circumstance. Covid is not an indulgent mother!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whining pleases no-one although wine could!

    ReplyDelete