Monday, October 17, 2022

Bell-bottom pants sweeping the floor!

                                                                     Author: Tiggertrouble
Image: Current Phat Pants similar
to the Bell-bottoms of old  (here)

Bell-bottom pants sweeping the floor
Hey sailor boy, it'll wear out fast
Happiness of fashion keeping up with 'them'
Preference for cut out jeans
Another fad came about, remember!
Utterly confusing to grown-ups
But fashion turnaround is normal
Phat pants now making a comeback?
(44 words )

Kim at d'Verse Quadrille#162

10 comments:

  1. Yes, they are indeed. A unique take on this prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Hank
    Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quadrille took me back, Hank! I used to love my bell-bottoms sweeping the floor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are making a comeback, "sweeping the floor" as mine do -- what a perfect description.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember bell bottoms well and yes, the bottoms got ragged quickly on them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the prompt word. I recently frequented a clothing store for the first time in a while and was shocked, SHOCKED! that bells are back but now they call then "flare" pants. Sure am glad I saved my favorite pair. Also, the low waist that shows the crack of an unsuspecting ass is (thankfully) on the way out. As your poem says: "fashion turnaround is normal".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely sweeping the floor! I remember cutting the bottoms on mine to make them fray!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This reminds me of my youth... such trousers made a brief comeback 20 years ago... but I hope they will not come back again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You wont see me wearing those. Lol…

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful use of the prompt word, Hank! I do remember my older sisters wearing bell-bottoms.

    ReplyDelete