Sunday, April 13, 2014

A Human Pyramid

                              Attribution: Raimond Spekking /CC BY - SA 4.0 (via Wikimedia Commons)
Image:  Cheerleaders during the final
match of the American football competition
of the World Games 2005, Duisburg  (here)

A to Z Challenge: #12 :    L for Limbo
NaPoWriMo #13

Sunday Whirl Wordle #166
11 out of 12 words used:
briefly chant deeply gaudy papers 
tumble porcelain wrists limbo swear turns 

Briefly the chant is deeply recognized
Dressed in gaudy attire shrieks and
shouts in the beginning laughter and
hoarse throaty cries at the end

A human pyramid is a special effort
And featured in the morning’s papers
is a bonus though they do take a tumble
like a pack of cards or if unlucky like
porcelain pieces on hard surface

Sprained wrists may put them in a limbo
But they swear they should take turns to
be atop the pyramid and hailed as
the darling of their team

Photo Credits:
Photographer: Raimond Spekking
License: cc-by-sa-4.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Cheerleaders_-_American_Football_-_World_Games_Duisburg_2005_(2533).jpg

For Brenda's Sunday Whirl Wordle
A to Z Challenge and NaPoWriMo

21 comments:

  1. Trust is the key plus the sheer exhilaration of the achievement. At my age it is just good to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be top of the pyramid can feel like a good thing whatever you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would like to watch from a safe distance....pyramids aren't really my thing

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOAH! I'd rather read about it than do it. Nicely written.

    ReplyDelete
  5. People who do that sort of thing are very brave. Foolish perhaps, but brave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Takes skill to do, but I'll just stand and watch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling of the team or not, you'd never see ME at the top of the pyramid!

    Convoluted Whirl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I like the pyramid idea, and the way you used the words here.

    btw How do those girls do that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trust has to be key in that type of pyramid

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for using my photo. Just for the records to achieve the license rules:

    Photographer: Raimond Spekking
    License: cc-by-sa-4.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
    Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Cheerleaders_-_American_Football_-_World_Games_Duisburg_2005_(2533).jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your clarification Raymond. You had taken a lot of snaps that day.I had chosen this particular one as it jives with my poem. They were great pics, very clear! I've done the needful by mentioning exactly what were stated in Wiki into the posting proper above - the exact caption and the underlying licence details. Best wishes for your photographing days!

      Hank

      Delete
  11. it can be scary to even watch...esp having seen them fall but it is amazing...and takes trust...but also dependability...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picture and poem Hank.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice work. Although it may feel great to be at the top of the heap, it's always good to keep in mind that we can all be brought down to the bottom of that same heap pretty fast.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A high point, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Personal fear of heights only heightens my envy.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  16. I echo some of the others here, in that it does take awful lot of trust to be on top, Hank. Well done. When I saw you used 11 of 12, I had a bit of a laugh. I used 3, I think. Hope all is well with you and yours.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Hank! I've been on top of one of those before... NOT fun. At least for me LOL, I had bad bottom spotters. But it is always a rush to see these athletes go at it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. If I had ever had the chance to be in a human pyramid I would have preferred the bottom row. I don't mind lending a shoulder but would hate to stand on someone else besides being closer to the ground if it all tumbles. Some good prose there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. In the month of August, the Maharashtrians (Maharashtra- a western state of India) celebrate Janmashtami to celebrate the birthday of Lord Krishna. A human pyramid is made to break a earthen pot full of milk, yogurt, butter, fruits hung at a certain height. Your post reminded me of that :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. They may tumble all over me
    Provided they're not too heavy

    ReplyDelete