Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Cat!


Image: Hank's  grandson, Nabil together with his
mother Qaty. This pic was taken when he read one of
the poems during Hank's book launch last year (here)

Note: Hank's grandson came over to the house and saw
Hank working on a poem. Nabil started to hum something
Hank then encouraged him to continue and he ended with
one all by himself: (including his parting note) Took him
about 20 mins

Upon completion he said, 'I want it to be a little funny'. I think
he has the makings of a witty poet - all at the age of 9 years!

One day,
A sunny one,
I went to play
With my water gun.

I shot a cat,
It got mad.
It chased me after that,
I screamed for my dad.

Below Nabil's philosophy as a parting note:

Note from Nabil: To make a poem I say take it from imagination or reality. In reality, you might face a situation that rhymes. In imagination, make it up for example, my poem. I use imagination. What about you? 

For Kerry's hosting at Real Toad's Open Link Monday


16 comments:

  1. ha. that will teach you...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reality and imagination can blend ~ I love his poem, smiles ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved his poem, good to see the youngsters writing poetry,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good tips! Thanks, Nabil and Hank. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am ambitious to the point of being an idiot, trying both the imagination and reality - with NIL result. Additional age adds more stubbornness. Your grandson has a head-start with you around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Utterly charming. Wonderful to see the gift of poetry passed on to children.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet. Start them young!
    [He needs a cat-a-pult :-)]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hank,
    A great lesson in the virtues of simplicity (and authenticity). Thanks for posting it.
    Steve K.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! He takes after his Grandfather. Lesson: do not draw the attention of anything you do not want to be chased by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. His poem is right out of his life and delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute...both the poet & poem...loved his lines...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hank, how magical! What a gift you now share with your grandson~ I love this post it makes me happy~

    ReplyDelete