Sunday, January 19, 2014

A Near Miss

                                                                                           Attribution: Prabhupj
Image: Deep-sea Diver (here)

Sunday Whirl Wordle with words:
back bend conjure cap carry curl
neglect nest spirits sigh trinkets twine

back from the brink of destruction
saved from bends the underwater curse
it conjures a case of bad experience
feelings of animosity to cap a day of nerves

he can only curl up in nothingness
to question and reflect on the consequences
of neglect in ensuring safety measures
in his mistaken desire for his quest

resting in his nest not lacking in spirits
he let out a long sigh of relief of thoughts
that twine around his conscience albeit
he had stashed those lucky charms trinkets

as they often do though not to be overly
dependant on superstitions he believes
is bunkum with a faraway look smiling wryly
of winsome feel whence staring at his near demise

Brenda's Sunday Whirl Wordle #144

10 comments:

  1. I've never tried scuba diving. I did try snorkeling which I would have liked if it hadn't been for all the fish that swam too close to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, those stories inspire me...life/death on the brink and having to reach down and find what it takes to make it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. the world would be a lesser place without people prepared to take it to the edge..nicely penned

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making sure you make it out no matter what,wanting to leave can bring much out in a person

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bit of risk is good for ones confidence, I reckon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Push, push, push a little harder. Mankind will always push the limits of survival. We who leave those activities to the foolhardy eventually benefit. Good! Meanwhile I will sit back and watch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Resting in his nest not lacking in spirits...my favorite line. Well wordled. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comment, It seems you have a different comment box than some.Alex and Lee also others have drop down comment boxes and the side bar don't move. I think that is the problem.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hank, in lieu of what is happening in my life right now, this spooked me. Sorry for the late visit, but, my husband is dying of cancer. I am having a difficult time accepting this as a reality.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete