Tuesday, September 19, 2017

This was what they saw

                                                                                                    Author:Mark Harless
Image: Keep Trying! (here)

the 11 of 12 given words:
mollycoddle (a pampered person)
goose-neck lamp (a desk lamp having a flexible shaft)
rowboat 
jejune (naive, simplistic, and superficial uninteresting)
angst (an acute but nonspecific sense of anxiety or remorse)
dementia
vexatious (causing or tending to cause annoyance, frustration, or worry)
vermilion lipstick (vermilion: a brilliant red pigment)
pernicious (having a harmful effect, especially in a gradual or subtle way)
monkey wrench (something that interferes with functioning; an obstacle)
dust bunny (tangled ball of dust found under a low piece of furniture)

I'm no mollycoddle
No one's gonna see me as goose-neck lamp like
Sure I might find myself on a slowboat to China
A rowboat at that but I'm no browbeat

Honest to goodness I'm a good gal
Jejune perhaps but still a good girl
Angst at times certainly not in the throes of dementia
Nor vexatious and trying hard to avoid undue anxiety

Perhaps the vermilion lipstick was the culprit
A false impression most pernicious in intentions
A monkey wrench thrown into the works
A dust bunny unwittingly revealed
This was perception at its worst
This was what they saw

How do I wash this off?
Whew!

MLMM's Wordle#172
Nekneeraj's at MLMM's Photo Challenge#181
Marian's at Real Toad's -  the tuesday platform

6 comments:

  1. Sure sounds like she needs to get that off quick

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for playing the wordle this week :)

    I like the idea of the vermilion lipstick being the culprit, at least in the questioning - adds a delicious touch to this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested on why you wrote a first person gal instead of guy poem? Not that you can't, that's what writing's all about. I like the use of lipstick, a fine work, Hank!

    ReplyDelete