Friday, January 23, 2015

No, just shiny greens!

                                                                                        Attribution: Dalgial
 Image: Yuzuriha evergreens (here)

Yuzuriha with long broad evergreen leaves 
was common in ancient Japan. Used as an
ornament plant for the New Year to celebrate 
the good relationship of the old and new 
generations.There is no English-name for it  -  Chev

None that have flowers
What do you have just plain leaves?
No, just shiny greens!

Some have flowers but
Exotic Yazuriha
treasured for their leaves

Ornamental  leaves
If one should know and that is
a lot of difference

For Chev's CARPE DIEM #653  -  yuzuriha

6 comments:

  1. Leaves can suffice sometimes I guess too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely not greens! I grew up in the country and I always picked, "Polk salad," for my Mom and my Aunt. We also planted turnip greens in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the clarification CSH! Obviously not what I had thought.

      Hank

      Delete
  3. Difference helps keep everything in balance

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty cool on their symboilism in the new year....

    ReplyDelete