Wednesday, January 28, 2015

look me in the eye!

                                                                                Attribution: Paul Friel
Image: A Bald Eagle (here)

The given words:
cold depraved powerful

look me in the eye
cool and collected
that’s what you think?
far from it!

cold as the bitter winter
even as I inspect my options
contending to be the most proficient
holding the trump card
and flashing as the siren blares
that’s what I am!
depraved?
far from it!

I swoop down silently
knocked the daylights of them critters
powerful talons do their job
curved beaks tear them apart
precision fare
failures?
far from it!

For Thomg's 3WW  week #412

15 comments:

  1. Knocked the daylights of them critters - that's a great line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grace of a raptor captured beautifully here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm used to being swooped on by seagulls where I live, but they don;'t really so menacing as this feathered felon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are a commanding force that is so true. Look out dear little critters there's a new king flying over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those critters sure don't know what hit them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knocked the daylights of them critters loved that description of a raptor

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not just cool. You really captured the raptor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish my eyes were as good as his!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Eagle is a very powerful creature. It's elegant and beautiful, but also vulnerable to it's enemies who wish to kill it. But it's also a fighter, and with that said, when that fighting side comes out, beware!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am always awestruck when I see these raptors. They are magnificent in flight, but yes they are dangerous as well to those unsuspecting critters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. far from fair indeed.....
    what a stare they have though....

    ReplyDelete
  12. A solid huntsman! Nice perspective Hank

    ReplyDelete
  13. A different take!
    Eagle is a super subject for the prompt :)
    Nicely described :)

    ReplyDelete