Friday, July 28, 2023

what pleases me?

                                                                       Author: Dominicus Johannes Bergsma
Image: If only we occupy our
own given domain (here)

what pleases me?
a shine that lights up the morning shadows  
to a gasp of delight of divine assertion

what dotes on me?
to breathe a sigh of relief that follows
never to show true feelings of dejection

what eased off my wandering heart?
a lovely lady dignified of regal stature
open to critique friendly in attitude
progressive in outlook tolerant by nature
a valuable find to keep in all gratitude

how so simple that life can be good,
if only no complications intrude!

Rosemary at Poets and Storytellers United - friday-writings-87
what-pleases-you

6 comments:

  1. From Helen ~~~ with an outlook this positive, this lovely ~~ nothing will spoil the magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful I am with you on a life without complications

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. An uncomplicated and critique friendly life would seem like somewhat of a gift, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder what a life without complications would look like--no stuck drawers, no frustrating people, no reason to push... I wonder if I would like it.

    ReplyDelete