Friday, July 28, 2023

What I desire is what I aspire

                                                                                      Author: Charles J. Sharp
Image: Enough to come by!
Hummingbird hawk moth feeding (here)

What I desire is what I aspire   
But then would I need more than before?    

No, I have enough no need to have more     
Though there were occasions I would cry    

I may really need more and I would cry     
My wants might be limited I do realise     

With limited stipend enough to survive 
It would come a long way to be comfortable

Being comfortable is something luxurious
Having more resources but not hilarious

To return what is due to society
Not to the point of pockets being empty

Not an option for having empty pockets 
What I desire is what I aspire   

Merril at d'Verse MTB - Critique and Craft
the-duplex/

4 comments:

  1. A lovely sentiment to be comfortable enough to give back but to also appreciate what you have. Thank you for writing to the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of an older, 1950's song, "Whatever Nola Wants, Nola gets." Maybe substitute wants for needs here. You might be too young to remember those. Nice write, Hank.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hank, this is really, really good. I so enjoyed it.

    Much love,
    David
    SkepticsKaddish.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hank this is expertly wrought!! Kudos to you 💖💖

    ReplyDelete