Sunday, July 23, 2023

The one eye is all that I need

                                                                                                Author: Kakoula10
Image:   One-eyed Cat (here)

The one eye is all that I need
To focus attention for a meal
To hear the echo softly retreat

All the niceties I can well read
In anticipation clearly in view
Of a meal is all that I bid

Memories I recollect for a lead
Wonderful instances none so few
To gather courage for a feed

Passing cars relent slowing speed
Letting we the hunters to pass through
A fair consideration truly indeed

Gone are days when we used to meet
To share food with a caring tom cat
To hear the purring to softly greet

If only we can now together sit
To drown the sorrows and the blues
A glimmer of hope for a lead

Rommy at Poets and Storytellers United 
friday-writings86-glimmers

6 comments:

  1. The life of an outdoor cat has a lot of risk! I hope the cat and owner are happily reunited at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad to be a one-eyed long-haired cat living on a street! She was somebody's petted princess. I hope she finds that somebody again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what a beautiful cat with only one eye aww I love the line "To hear the echo softly retreat"

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brave and philosophical cat, as you portray her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a beauty. Life outside is treacherous. I'm glad she survives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this "cat tale" poem! My niece adopted a kitten months ago that no one wanted ... he has one eye and only one leg and is the most adorable cat ever! Doing quite well too.

    ReplyDelete