Sunday, June 4, 2017

How I love it here

                                                                                 Attribution: Cesar Tort
Image: Ghostly Shadows in the Dark (here)

How I love it here
Bonds of friendship
Overflowing with love
Trailing in the dark
Most times invisible
to the human eyes

Acceptance of the highest order
We just need to creep in
through any doors
even without knocking
We are immediately accorded
pride of place
everyone are friendly

I love it!
A Ghost Town
(55 words)

Kerry's at Real Toad's - Flash 55
with the theme -  a ghost town 

16 comments:

  1. Wise and accessible poem Hank!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ghosts do feel at home with other ghosts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ghost does have a friendly voice and, after all, why should they not be pleasant welcoming entities?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely lilt of letting go here, as if the only thing keeping from falling is simply to widen one's arms. And finding welcome there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. birds of a feather stick together

    ReplyDelete
  6. A ghostly place is probably one of the only place for ghosts to embrace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I like this and never guessed it would be a ghost town!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dare not be there though everyone is friendly.

    Nice take on the prompt, Hank. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The picture. The prompt. I should have had a clue. And yet... Congratulations. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the ghosts have an enviable place in our lives. We aren't ever sure about them yet they come and go with ease. We just don't see it, even the loving it part and the "Bonds of friendship."
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this and wouldn't have guessed it was a ghost town! Excellent write, Hank!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is lovely to have bonds of friendship Hank. Where I live that is missing from my life.
    Wonderful poem and great to read.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  13. they are downright friendly, these ones. good write, Hank ~

    ReplyDelete
  14. ..most abandoned places I find more interesting than spooky...

    ReplyDelete