Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Who to nudge to get some attention?

                                                                                  Attribution: George Chernilevsky
Image: Left to Fend for Itself  (here)

11 of 12 given words:
mundane neat vent spine wrapper nudge
partial tentative backwards oppose smile

Left to myself in this mundane existence
It is neat, sure but how do I vent my frustrations
It is not spine-chilling nor spine-breaking
But it is a wrapper around my initiatives

Who to nudge to get some attention?
Even a partial response is enough
Even a tentative attention to start with
I can go backwards to create space

It is better as opposed to being neglected
I can still afford a smile though but for how long?

Kerry's at Real Toad's -  the tuesday platform
MLMM's Wordle #160

8 comments:

  1. Again you use those words to your advantage making this a great verse for the reader.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Attention can be a tricky thing, especially when you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need to be paid some attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what might say mundane existence better than the image you chose!
    We must attempt to break free any way we can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hank, you have created a real mind tip here. Bottom line: We can all escape the mundane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. but how do I vent my frustrations
    It is not spine-chilling nor spine-breaking
    But it is a wrapper around my initiatives

    crop some grass or dandelions - or at the very least, walk barefoot and dance heel to toe in them, wishing in the sun, or if needs be, stomp them wild and free -

    and if all else fails? write poetry

    great use of the mlmm wordle - and yes, this is my "blogger" equivalent of "scribbler's dipstick" commenting - so thanks for playing the wordle - and really, you've combined a great image with some really fantastic lines and have offered us a wonderful word play that is anything but "airy fairy fluffy" - even if it reads slightly lyrically.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Attention can be good or bad, but I think we all want and need to be recognized. A smile can go along way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nudging often gets attention. I havent nudged for quite some while. When I did it was to my granddaughter. She was not appreciate.
    ..

    ReplyDelete