Saturday, May 27, 2023

glowing in the night

                                                                                                   Artist : Diggie Vitt 
Image:  Burning Love (Muse #198) (here)

a burning bouquet 
glowing in the night
akin to love that ignites 
but with this fire 
comes a price
for a burning love 
a flaming episode
is causing more pain 
in the inside

strangely though
knowingly embraced 
this searing heat 
is a treasured welcome
in many instances

for the love 
that eternally burns 
without a doubt

Carrie in The Sunday Muse #261

9 comments:

  1. Hi Hank
    I invite you to link to Sunday Smiles
    (Every Sunday)
    HERE

    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hank, it's been great having you along for the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A delightful take on the picture, Hank.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The heat feels good before the burn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true Hank! I love the message this holds my friend! Thank you for your wonderful presence at the Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your poem this morning ... sad because I will miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love ignites and burns too quickly. I am sure I will see you around Hank the number #1 poetry tank...I just had to....love and light my friend.

    ReplyDelete