Monday, May 29, 2023

a gentle kick

                                                                                              Author: Nikodem Nijaki
Image: Hot and Colourful  (here)

to awaken the taste buds,
sprinkled lightly,
transforming dishes, 

hot peppers and spice
a gentle kick,
symphony of peppery delight,
a flavour's trick.

peppering adds zest, 
a culinary take
enhancing meals, 
a pinch, a sprinkle, 
a burst of surprise
peppering, 
the chef's secret dice
(44 words)

Punam's at d'Verse : Quadrille
pass-the-pepper-please/

7 comments:

  1. Hank, I like the chef's secret. I often sprinkle my food, especially Ramin Noodle soup, with Creole seasoning.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hank, I'm so with you ~ I love pepper in my food!

    Much love,
    David
    SkepticsKaddish.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the ‘gentle kick’ of your quadrille, Hank, and that ‘burst of surprise’ describes the effect of pepper perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed, Hank! Just a sprinkle of pepper can transform a dish. Love it. Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete