Thursday, May 4, 2023

Starting the day

                                                                                  Author: Vyacheslav Argenberg
Image: In the morning light (here)

the 11 of 12 given Wordle words:
rush, whistle, kitchen coffee face sun 
shower, singing love, modesty doorknob

In the rush of early the next morning
A whistle from the kettle sings out light
I stumble to the kitchen just wondering
And I reach for the coffee for a bite

Still heavy with sleep and dreams,
I pour the hot liquid into my cup,
My mind clears with rise of the steam
As I take a sip propping me up.

Sun shines through the windowpane,
I love its soothing feel on my skin,
A shower to wash off the night's stains,
And I step into the warm water's spin

The singing of the birds outside,
Fills the air with a melody of fun,
As I dry myself and step aside,
My modesty, for the day is done.

Turning the doorknob to step outside,
I'm ready to face the world again,
With a grateful heart and a slow stride,
I embrace the day with all the gains

Laura at d'Verse  a four-line-alternate-rhyme-scheme
MMT at Sundays Whirligig - whirligig Wordle #421

5 comments:

  1. I like the pairing of morning and wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hank, love your poetic start to the day and the positivity, ' With a grateful heart and a slow stride,
    I embrace the day with all the gains'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that phrase ‘In the rush of early’, Hank, and the way you take us through the morning routine in order to ‘embrace the day with all the gains’.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I love its soothing feel on my skin,
    A shower to wash off the night's stains,

    the combination here of skin and showering mirrors beautifully
    and you evoke the morning rituals so well

    the prompt did require a reworking of a published poem's end rhymes and I wondered which you used here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a more enjoyable morning than most of mine.

    ReplyDelete