Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Satisfying unlimited wants!

                                                                          Author:Josiah Warren

Image: An Early Discourse to Resolve:
 Equitable Commerce (1852) by Josiah Warren (here) 
 
The Three Voices, Four Riddles, Echoes  -  Lewis Carrol

By way of wants
The yearnings of a reality
That's not how it had all begun
The wonders of scarcity

The three whispers awaiting solutions
Unlimited wants
Unlimited yearnings
Unlimited restrains
Care for a show?

Answers to get the wheel moving
Scarcity of all whims
Creating demands unsurpassed
Grinds the solution to the brim
Able to feed them in the past

Reflecting on the resolutions
Adam Smith leads the way
Born of  the Wealth of Nations
Held spell-bound, held sway
Right on with the actions

Principles and theories
Come into play in absolute terms
Not creating worries
But providing answers for all seasons

Economics had been fun
Satisfying unlimited wants!

Sanaa's at d'Verse Poetics : carrol crush saga

14 comments:

  1. "Economics had been fun
    Satisfying unlimited wants!"

    As someone who hates economics courses: 😭

    But, I really love this poem. I wish I wasn't tired so I can unravel it better than I currently am, but I am reminded of the perspectives, from sociology, on why there is a system of capitalism (good and bad), and how that is germane to U.S. society institutions maintaining their power, or for society to have stability.

    Beautifully and eloquently written, Hank. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness this is potent! I especially like; "Reflecting on the resolutions Adam Smith leads the way." I had Economics in college :) so your poem reminded me of those days. Thank you so much for writing to the prompt 💝💝

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice take on the Crush. Shows that any topic can be poetic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've made economics poetic - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But now we have learned that there are limits... economic theories started with limits, went to limitless and now we are slowly becoming aware that there are limits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Economics 101 - I still remember taking that course...some of it just stays with you.

    You are creative my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really good, and what a fantastic line "The wonders of scarcity"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you managed to turn economics into poetry, Hank... and enjoyable poetry at that!

    -David [ben Alexander]

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such a creative take on the prompt! Those three whispers, just so apt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Equitable commerce ... not there even yet. (thanks for commenting on my nonsense poem.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! Economics and poetry...I had believed never the twain shall meet but I am so glad I was wrong.

    ReplyDelete

  12. The writing process is divided into various stages, each of which necessitates your undivided attention and diligence. And, of course, this is a time-limited process. Your professor might want you to turn in your work in two weeks. It means you must set your priorities and devote your attention to one task rather than others. However, it does not ensure a faultless result. That's why so many of your classmates choose the easier option of hiring a paper help service.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for providing this awesome article here; it’s a weblog for me today. I appreciate this content so much and also a privilege for me to visit this blog. Thank you so much for sharing. uniabuja cut off mark for banking and finance

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for taking the time to read a particularly exciting read. I am so glad I found and read this. Great process for these contents. A million thanks for sharing. foundation polytechnic supplementary admission form closing date - Best Related Educational Updates Portal in the World; Examination and Academic Guide, High Paying Jobs & Scholarship Website

    ReplyDelete