Friday, February 4, 2022

for a taste bud for the hot and spicy

                                                                                   Author: Hank
Image: Hank's own soft pastel sketch of
a Capsicum on an A4 - size dark drawing paper

Glistening with pride hidden a taste, spicy
Fondness for chili peppers amidst fine servings
A capsicum sneaky of yellow, red and green

Gives a kick at lunch mixed with other greens
A salad bowl for a taste bud for hot and spicy
Creates a howl for those timid in their servings

Hotplate with meaty offerings of fine servings
Gnashed and gnawed at chow time of varied greens
Fitting for a King at a lunch sitting all that’s spicy

Spicy servings an adventure with greens

Note: A Tritinas, characterized by repeat 
endings. A revamp of an old posting

Rosemary's at Poets and Storytellers United.
friday-writings - colour

9 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Hank!! I didn’t realize you were also an artist!! WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your art is fab.
    Enjoyed the repitition in your poem. Thanks for dropping by my blog

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love capsicums! And I love your excellent pastel sketch, and also your colourful and yummy poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and hot and spicy is very much to my taste!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sketch is great! Never thought to put bell peppers in salads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pastel sketch. I find art on black challenging, but you've mastered it well here! For a master at art-on-black, check out Black Sheep Studio on Facebook. You'll enjoy his work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your poem is a spicy serving of wonderful Hank. Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice sketch, Hank, and poem to match. I have one green pepper in our refrigerator just waiting for me to make stuffed peppers. I'll cut it in two, clean it out, boil it to be soft, and stuff it with precooked Cajun boudin.
    That's my recipe for "Quick and easy stuffed peppers." A dab of ketchup or spaghetti sauce or some bread crumbs on the tops will dress them up. Bake until hot throughout, microwave also is okay.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hank

    I enjoyed seeing your sketch. You really have a great eye. I enjoy peppers but, not the hot spicy ones.

    I hope you are well my dear friend?

    ReplyDelete