Monday, February 21, 2022

a little a time and enjoying fine dining

                                                                                          Author: syvwlch
Image: Tiny fish and Shiitake mushroom, 
fried and lightly salted to perfection (here)

two scoops would mean
the salted caramel sits on top
prevents fast melting
little tips go a long way
to enjoy salted Japanese 
give due respect
taking time taking bits
akin to a ritual
a little a time and enjoying
dining with no mess 

De at d'Verse - Quadrille #146
let's get salty

14 comments:

  1. I have watched the diners on the tv series Midnight Diner and understand your poem by way of it. Those little fish remind me of smelt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! The art of cooking pivots around salt. Too much it is no good... too little it is no good. Just the right amount makes it delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a ritual to be savoured, Hank - delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaahhh...this poem ooozes taste! Nicely done Hank!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came Hank, I read, great work my friend — but I am not well. Be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always good to stop and savor. This made me hungry! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  7. Savor each slow bite...sounds tasty, Hank!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A delectable dish I think ... like the poem!

    ReplyDelete