Monday, April 10, 2023

waiting for the right moment to sprout out.

                                                                                                       Author: Adoscam
Image: Shelled seeds of Guinea pepper pod    (here)

"The seed of a poem lay dormant in my heart.” ~ Valsa George
from “Winged Words”

 I felt it in my chest. as though it had been planted deep in me. 
The seed of a poem lay dormant in my heart, waiting for the right moment 
to sprout out. I could feel it, swirling beneath the surface. They were raw 
yet full of promise. I needed to nurture them carefully, tending to them like 
a child until they were ready to burst out from slumber

And so I sat there, pen in hand, letting the words flow  through me. They 
were halting at first, hesitant and uncertain, but they gained strength and 
momentum. Soon, they had taken on a life of their own, tumbling out of 
me like a flood.

Eventually,  I was left with a poem, something that had been waiting 
patiently inside me. The seed of a poem that had lain dormant in my 
heart had finally emerged.
(144 words)

Mish at d'Verse  Prosery  Valsa-George-
the-accidental-poet/

6 comments:

  1. Hi Hank… Happy (______________) — fill in the blank with whatever you are celebrating this time of year. If we are patient, the words usually come. Nice writing my friend… 👍🏼🙂✌🏼🫶🏼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Happy Hari Raya, the equivalent to Christmas on April 22. Thanks a lot Rob. Late Easter greetings to you!

      Hank

      Delete
  2. Love the way you framed the poem, bringing back the line in a new way and the images of those words gaining strength and finally "tumbling out of me like a flood". Very nice, Hank.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the circling back to the seed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad he was patient with what was inside of him, how he cultivated it, and how it came to fruition.

    ReplyDelete