Wednesday, May 18, 2022

She searched her conscience

                                                     Author:Bureau of Land Management Oregon and Washington
Image: Depressingly Red skies  (here)

She searched her conscience calmly engrossed
He left without a decent word to allay her fears
Just another gullible victim beginning to be obvious
Believing his words which now seemed spurious

The skies never been this red she recalled in dismay
Perhaps angry in sympathy with her sincere yearnings
Not to appear slovenly and unkempt during the day
Time better accorded instead to counter human failings

The compound word - daytime

Lillian at d'Verse Poetics : compound me

5 comments:

  1. My yes! You've definitely compounded me! I love the "story" within the poem. And any time someone uses the word "spurious" I'm smitten. I just like the sound of the word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a sad story, Hank...sigh..miss seeing you around, I hope you are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time to pause, reflect on what happened. She may be sincere but others are not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad story, Hank! Of course I had to look up 'spurious'.
    From the above comments, It seems you were ill. I hope
    you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete